Amos, epic and complicated writing on Ghost Spider

 Somewhat a great of scrutiny can go into the Gwen Stacy story as it is so shit. There was energy behind its initial creation that has dulled in time. I gotta say how I like to start this story is by veering away from that uncle Ben responsibility thingy. You know that is Peters story and whilst that is apart of the lore of every Spider person in the official anything that is not something or another. You know it's never actually known what actually is of Uncle Ben pretty much outside of the losing Peter in the story. Ultimately I'm just gonna say that I'm not doing that. No one needs to die for the person to be a hero and that may work for the original and that's why it's the original but this is not the original. I'm not doing it and pretty much the story revolves around the lizard too fucking much. How about we let the lizard be someone else this time? This world tries to be very colorful and different but it's bogged down by the need to adhere to the continuity and ultimately the designs are uninspired and yet it just doesn't sell the alternate world that greatly.


I look upon Daredevil's suit. Frank Castle's design, Captain America is simply a black woman, the Falcon's daughter or something or another( without mych care to even develop her as its not as if the world is rich enough for. Ultimately these characters aren't very fleshed out at all. Why are they? How are they? Who are they? None of that really matters.


The Punisher, to put the Punisher in a Spider-Man story that early, just really means that you've kinda given up on actually developing the world, the lore. Now Gwen Stacy is kind of an additional character. Many people don't wanna see her as an additional character but in the true lore she is an additional character. She is like a gimmick character who they later kill because she is a gimmick character to develop Peter Parker.


Now it was an okay idea to see how that would play out with Peter being the person who dies instead but ultimately for that to even have a great parallel Gwen Stacy needs to have a great harem of men or something up to that point but she doesn't! She doesn't. It just doesn't work out. Doesn't work out in any great matter. Peter's death is basically sudden, okay? In the story-wise. It doesn't actually follow along long enough for you to understandably know that this is like that turning point story; it is just speeding it up too fast. 

Instead of killing Peter Parker, you got to think about what would Peter Parker actually do without his abilities. Have a productive life, maybe have an alternative emo girlfriend since he's so young in this world or something, and maybe let him live a life. Maybe that's what the story could have. Instead I'm not copying the ultimate Spider-Man thingy but ultimately I don't know.


The Marvel Comics essentially writes Gwen Stacy out of her own universe and so if you were to actually follow that, what type of person would take her place? This breaks the gimmick once you get out of the whole parallel of the Gwen Stacy death being "What is the world even like?" It's what I'm trying to get at. What is the main thesis to even have a story? What's the point of even writing a story? It's what I'm asking myself.


If not for that, what is the theme? What is the theme? What are we trying to accomplish? What is the overwhelming narrative? Many people know what this story is but if you take away this thing, this story is broken. Now they try to build up on it over the years. I've read the comics. It doesn't work. It just seems really watered down to what the story is supposed to be. Now it's like they're not even in the same world as before so that the point of having a Spider-Gwen, a ghost spider, doesn't even work anymore. 

I find myself struggling to write a better story but ultimately a better story of this can be achieved by simply removing the parallel to the original comic and letting the work be its own thing, like the Ultimate comic is. I'd actually define what the world is. The funny thing is that the Ultimate Comics has an easier thing to understand but it's actually much more. It's that as a certain concrete idealism that was never watered down straight from. There's that. 

Without any further ado I'm going to write the story here. 

Gwen Stacy is bitten by a spider. No I'm kidding. What type of origin is there to actually happen in this story other than them going on a field trip to Oscorp and literally getting bit by a spider? 


Comments

Popular Posts