Independence Day Part 2

In the last part of Independence Day, I concluded there were two actual parties in comics. Corporates and Independents. Corporates are companies Marvel and DC. While Independents are individual creators, Dark Horse, Image and Oni Press and others. But what about me, am I a corporate?

Nope, I am a independent who wanted to create a lot of stories like the ones he saw on tv. I wanted my own TV station and have my own partners in creating such works. But I've been on my own in creating my own works since 2005 and discovered that there is no way for an ordinary individual to get in the TV business easily at all or make a business off it without having to in debt their selves  and work up a ladder for years and years. So I thought and thought, and eventually decided to go with comics and then I discover comics weren't all that a sound easy industry either. Things just need to change. I will keep it short on my own personal matters, if I did not, it could go and on forever.

I struggled a lot to get to this point, which means, I have fought a lot of things to reach this place.
I have found a foothold in comic synthesis, that is the production of comics in  a quicker and easy by principle way so that anyone who is willing can create a lot of comics by their selves.  Up to 13 can be created in a term by one indivdual or least that's one below the amount of comics I have created
I have decided on a method that shows people the output of my product and not my actual process. Until I can copyright my process and distribute it in interactive books and novels, which will take funds and a bit of time, I will only take requests to do other people's projects for them.
Now, this service will continue after I distribute the books where people can do it their selves,  it will just cost more than it does now.

As it is, every day, I will create one page + original idea comic pages. You can request prompts to do each day as to do so is free. What is not free is  people's personal projects.
Giving my situation, I will charge a fee of $30 initial dollars for supplies, need you to sign a contract saying that you will attribute the artwork to me and split your earnings with me in some type of fashion and each serial is 4 dollars. This is higher than the one dollar per serial some months ago because I need to pay for some expenses in my journey to this point.  But the time for each series has also changed. For me to draft a 6 volume series with 20 serials per each volume, it will take just one week or some days less depending on the series. I will charge $480 dollars for this one 6 volume series worth 20 serials each. The old price was $120 dollars but my expenses have gone up and I can't offer such a price. This is only to draft the series.
To fully produce the series in full pencil( as I am only a penciller) with all face and detail including the background full completed, I will charge $480 dollars. It comes about $960 dollars for both services. Plus the $30 dollar fee it is $990 dollars , nearly a $1000 dollars. It is not cheap as it is a lot of material. Besides it takes out a lot of stress if you were to be doing it individually and serial for serial week by week. You could get it all out quicker in the span of some months this way. I will keep a physical and digital version of the work, so that if anything happens to your digital version, I can always email you a replacement for no charge.
But let's review the actual product you'll be getting, for customers I use a certain one page method, only if I am running out of paper I will use the other method that requires less paper per serial, less than one paper. If that happens, I will contact the current client to inform them of a process change and what they can expect-they also have the option of paying for the paper or supplying it, but the $30 dollars takes care of all that.
The process is meant to represent a summary for each of  your serials, it is up to you to create the entire serial. If your comic is meant to be one page like the format on a common online comic book website, this is perfect because you have little to add. But if you can hardly add anything into it, what fun is it? That's why once you get the package of all your serials in a one page( or sometimes less than one page) format, you should look through it and decide if you are happy with it or can work with it. If you aren't happy and can't work with it, and want a redo, I am sorry I do not do redos. But what I do, do is a volume by volume follow up, where I show you the pictures the drafts for each of that volume's serials. You can decide if you are happy and suggest changes and I will change it then.
As I can waste time doing five or ten redos per individual.
If you expand the serials out each by the number of squares within and follow the summary of the draft, you have a quick and easy comic made out. Or you can just repeat the draft 4 or 5 times so that each panel is different and tells the story in a continued form and the  amount of pages  present is the full comic.

For cheaper and less successful endeavors, you can ask for a one page serial for 5 dollars.
A volume for $80 dollars.
And a poster of your series in full color for about $50 dollars.
A poster with no color for $25 dollars.

This concludes what you need to know for the new MK MZODERN in this section of Independence Day. The next section talks about  Entertainment features on this website as well as revival projects if you're feeling nostalgic.

Comments

Popular Posts